Essence of Northern Vietnam 8 days for Rena Tan from Malaysia
North Vietnam 8 days
(Hanoi – Sapa by train – Halong Bay - Hoa Lu & Tam Coc)
(Private airport transfer, sharing the cabin on 2 night train trips to & from Sapa – Hanoi (it’s the 4 berth type cabin & 2 adults in your group will share another cabin with 2 other strangers, note that a private cabin for 2 or 3 people is available on request by paying extra for some extra tickets * 35USD/ per one way ticket); a returned shuttle bus trip between Hanoi – Halong bay, joint Cruise on the bay, with 03 private Double or Twin cabin on Cruise, 03 Double or twin rooms for hotel), joining a small tour group for a full day trip to Ninh Binh (luxury A/C bus, maximum 16 people)
Number of Participants: 6 adults
Travel Period: From 13 Nov, 2019 – 20 Nov, 2019
DAY 1 (13 Nov, 2019), HANOI ARRIVAL – GREETING – FREE & EASY – OVERNIGHT IN HANOI (none)
- Pick up at Noi Bai International Airport, & transfer to Hanoi Capital city,
- Check in hotel (hotel check in time is from 14:00 or later, late check out is NOT included and sbject to hotel availability and regulation, available on request)
- Free time and overnight at the hotel
Day Inclusions: private transportation, English speaking tour guide, entrance fee, hotel in Hanoi, water
DAY 2 (14 Nov, 2018), HANOI CITY TOUR – NIGHT TRAIN TO SAPA (B, L, D)
- Breakfast at the hotel
- 08.00am, pick up from hotel, sightseeing tour begins with a visit to President Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum (closed on Monday and Friday, every afternoon, and whole from 15June – 15August for annual maintenance, we can still view from the outside the building), a sightseeing of the Presidential Palace (view from outside), President’s Fishpond, House On Stilts, and the famous One Pillar Pagoda,
- Next is a visit to the Temple of Literature, where Confucius – Founder of Confucianism is worshiped, this place also served as the first National University of Vietnam where many kings, mandarins and talented people of Vietnam were trained!
- Lunch is served at restaurant
- Visit Museum of Ethnology which display and introduce bout Vietnam 54 groups of Peole in Vietnam and about Vietnam culture
- Tour continued by a visit to one of the most beautiful lakes of Hanoi – the Hoan Kiem lake (Restore Sword Lake) & Ngoc Son Temple located on a beautiful Island in middle of the lake.
- A short walking tour in the old quarter
- Dinner is served at restaurant before transferring to the train Station for your train trip to Sapa
- Night train to Sapa, overnight on the train (about 300km, 8 hours).
Day Inclusions: hotel breakfast, private A/C transportation, English speaking tour guide in Hanoi, lunch, dinner, entrance fee, train ticket to Sapa – sharing cabin (It’s the 4 berth type cabin & your group share this cabin with 2 other strangers, note that a private cabin for 2 or 3 people is available on request by paying some extra ticket * 35USD/ per one way ticket)
DAY 3 (15 Nov, 2019), LAO CAI TRAIN STATION – DRIVE TO SAPA – CAT CAT VILLAGE (B, L)
- The night train arrive in Lao Cai station at 6 AM
- Take driving up from Lao Cai station to Sapa town (40km, about 1 hour drive time)
- Arrival in Sapa (1500m above sea level), put off your luggage, get change and breakfast (note: hotel check in time is from 14:00, early check in is NOT included and subject to hotel’s availability and upon hotel regulation)
- 09:30 the tour guide and driver pick up you from the hotel to visit the Cat Cat village, home of the black Hmong tribal people
- You enjoy taking a guided walking tour to the village which nestles at the bottom of the Sapa Valley, walking & sightseeing, photo stops, interacting and socializing with the local tribal friendly people.
- Back to Sapa town during noon time,
- Lunch is served at restaurant
- Check in the hotel (if have not checked in yet), you enjoy your free time in the afternoon time exploring the fabulous markets selling traditional art and crafts, embroidery and silverware items.
- Own arrangement for dinner on own payment
- Free time & overnight in Sa pa
Day Inclusions: Hotel breakfast, private A/C transfer, local English speaking tour guide in Sapa, entrance fee, lunch, hotel in Sapa, water
DAY 4 (16 Nov, 2019), SAPA – LAO CHAI & TA VAN VILLAGES – NIGHT TRAIN TO HANOI (B, L)
- Breakfast at the hotel (note, check out time is at 12:00 mid-noon, late checkout is not available, and subject to hotel room availability and upon hotel regulation on late checkout)
- 09:30am, guide and transfer pick you up again for a short drive to Lao Chai Village (5km, 15 - 20 minutes)
- You will spend about 1,5 hour walking tour (easy trek, 3 km only) from Lao Chai village and through the Ta Van hill tribal villages, the walking path and sightseeing tour today is absolutely amazing and is truly a must see for whoever want to go to Sapa
- After the walking tour, you will make a stop for lunch at a beautiful local restaurant designed in a traditional tribal house which nestled nearby a beautiful river and at the at the very center of the misty Sapa valley and amidst the rice fields, mountains, and the Villages, (a traditional singing and dancing show subject to be available, and performed by the local music band – boys and girls)
- After the lunch, back to the coach for driving bact to Sapa,
- You enjoy some further free & easy time in the afternoon on your own before being picked up for a transfer to the Lao Cai Train Station for another night train trip back to Hanoi
- Arrival to Lao Cai city, your own arrangement for dinner on own payment before taking a night train trip back to Hanoi, overnight on the train. (Note: many good restaurants available outside train station)
Day Inclusions: hotel breakfast, private A/C transportation, English speaking tour guide, lunch, entrance fee, Night train ticket to Hanoi, – sharing cabin (It’s the 4 berth type cabin & your group share this cabin with 2 other strangers, note that a private cabin for 2 or 3 people is available on request by paying some extra ticket * 35USD/ per onwe way ticket)
DAY 5 (17 Nov, 2019): HANOI – HALONG BAY – OVERNIGHT ON CRUISE (B/ L/ D)
- About 05:30am (can be flexible), Arrival to Hanoi train station, you will be picked up and send to a hotel nearby, right outside the Train Station (Entrance Gate B) for getting day use to get change, take shower and have breakfast before going to Halong Bay
- 08:00-08:30 Pick up at hotel in Hanoi Old Quater
- 12:45 Check in aboard with Welcome Cocktail from crew member while manager introduce the safety briefing and the boat cruising forward to the Bai Tu Long bay.
- 13:15 Let your vacation start with a delicious lunch set menu in restaurant 15:30 Visiting Vung Vieng floating fishing village, one of the biggest village in HaLong Bay, you will have chance to learn about the living of fishermen and feel free with some option activities: bamboo boat or kayaking
- 17:30-19:00 Enjoy your time with the beautiful sunset on the bay and join “Happy Hour” – 30% Discount off all drinks onboard
- 18:30 Cooking class on sundeck with the Deep Fried Spring rolls, one of the unique flavor of Vietnamese food.
- 19:30 Dinner will be served on sundeck.
- 21:00 Feel free to relax on boat, join Squid fishing at the area of Reception deck or singing karaoke on sundeck.
Inclusion: hotel breakfast, A/C transportation with shuttle bus, English speaking tour guide (arranged by cruise, available on board in Halog bay only), entrance fee, cruise in Ha Long bay with full meals on board, water
DAY 6 (18 Nov, 2019): HALONG BAY CRUISE – DRIVE TO HANOI – OVERNIGHT IN HANOI (B, Brunch)
- 06:30 Start your day with the Taichi on sundeck.
- 07:00 Light breakfast serve in dining room.
- 07:45 Discover Thien Canh Son cave where located on top of mountain, contain the long history of geological value and the natural beauty. Recommend you bring camera and wear sport shoes for hiking.
- 9:00 – 9:30 Back to the main boat for relaxing and check out at the reception, please put all your luggage at the outside of your cabin door, crew member will help to bring luggage on land. 09:30 Brunch is served in the restaurant while the boat heads back to the harbor.
- 11:00 Disembark at the harbor
- Meet again the driver and the bus for a drive back to Hanoi,
- Arrival back Hanoi central city, recheck in, free time
- Overnight in hotel in Hanoi
- About 15:30 – 16.00, Arrival back to Hanoi central city, recheck in the hotel
- Free time & Overnight in Hanoi city
Inclusion: A/C transportation with shuttle bus, English speaking tour guide (aboard the cruise only), entrance fee, cruise in Ha Long bay – disembark at noon time, breakfast & lunch on Cruise, hotel accommodation, water
Day 7 (19 Nov, 2019): HANOI – HOA LU – TAM COC FULL DAY – HANOI (L) – JOIN SMALL GROUP TOUR (Maximum 16 people)
- Hotel breakfast,
- 7.30 – 8.00 AM: Pick up at your hotel in the Old Quarter, leaving the bustling Hanoi heading south by our Luxurious and comfortable bus.
- 8.00 – 10.00 AM: Duration of 2 hour transferring, our tour guide will give you the information of Vietnam such as history, culture, people… Especially, we will have a mini game show to teach you how to say and write some Vietnamese simple words such as Xin Chào, Tạm Biệt, Tôi yêu Ninh Bình… on the conical hat which we will give you as a little souvenir and you can wear it during all the trip.
- 10 AM: Arrive in Tam Coc, we will prepare for a boat trip to visit the beautiful Tam Coc, it takes 1.30 hours rowing along Ngo Dong river through the three mysterious caves while enjoying spectacular scenery surrounded by rice paddies and towering limestone mountain peaks.
- 11.30 AM: We will dock at Thanh boat pier for a short walk to visit Thai Vi Temple which is one of the well-known temple in Ninh Binh. Continuing 10 minutes walking along the valley with rice fields, rivers and lotus ponds for Tam Coc Nature Lodge, where we will spend the interesting time for relaxing & having set menu lunch - Vietnamese food.
- 13.30 PM: you have a chance to be a fisherman and learn how to catch the fish in the pond or river.
- 14:00 – 15:00 PM: We ride a bike to Thung Nang where we ride along the river among of the rice field, lotus ponds and Limestone Mountains. Then continue to ride a bike to discover Dan Khe Trong village where the real picture of the rural countryside in the north of Vietnam.
- 15: 00: Get in Limousine Bus, drive to visit Hoa Lu Ancient citadel which was built in the 10th century, we will visit the two temples where dedicated to King Dinh & King Le.
- 16:00 PM: Leaving Hoa Lu & Ninh Binh province and head back to Hanoi Capital.
- 18:30 : Arrive in Hanoi & we will drop you at your hotel in the Old Quarter. free & easy for dinner on own arrangement and own payment
- Overnight in the hotel
Day Inclusions: A/C transfer joining with group, lunch, English speaking tour guide with group, entrance fee, boat trip in Tam Coc, bicycle, hotel accommodation, water
DAY 8 (20 Nov, 2019): HANOI CITY – DEPARTURE (B)
- Breakfast at the hotel.
- You will be picked up and transferred (without tour guide) to the Ho Chi Minh city airport for your own scheduled flight going home or to continue visiting other tour destination of your own travel plan,
- The end of tour, thank you and see you again!
Day Inclusions: private A/C transportation, accommodation city – check out at 12:00 mid-noon
Land Tour price: $550USD/ per person
Supplement for single room:$220USD (Available on request only)
(Private airport transfer, sharing the cabin on 2 night train trips to & from Sapa – Hanoi (It’s the 4 berth type cabin & 2 adults in your group will share another cabin with 2 other strangers, note that a private cabin for 2 or 3 people is available on request by paying extra for more ticket * 35USD/ per ticket); a returned shuttle bus trip between Hanoi – Halong bay, joint Cruise on the bay, with 03 private Double or Twin cabin on Cruise, 03 hotel rooms, Double or twin), joining a small tour group for a full day trip to Ninh Binh(luxury A/C bus, maximum 16 people)
TOUR INCLUSIONS & TOUR EXCLUSION:
Included in the price
Excluded in the price
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary (7 Breakfasts + 1 Brunch + 5 Lunches + 2 Dinners)
- Air-conditioned Vehicle to and from hotels, airports, and sightseeing destinations (exceptional with a returned SHUTTLE BUS trip between Hanoi – Halong bay)
- Hotel accommodation in Hanoi, Sapa breakfast in hotel, 03 Double or Twin rooms
- Mini hotel near train station for day use and soft breakfast after arriving in Hanoi from Sapa Train trip, 03 Double or Twin rooms
- 2 day/ 1 night on joint Cruise in Ha Long Bay, 03 private Double or Twin Cabins
- Kayaking in Halong bay (2 people share 1 kayak)
- Sightseeing with admissions as specified
- English speaking tour guides as specified
- Returned night train tickets Hanoi – Sapa – Hanoi, sharing cabin (It’s the 4 berth type cabin & 2 adults in your group will share another cabin with 2 other strangers, note that a private cabin for 2 or 3 people is available on request by paying extra for more ticket * 35USD/ per one way ticket)
- Joining a Luxury small Group tour to Ninh Bình to visit Tam Coc caves & Hoa Lu temples
- Boat trip to Tam Coc caves
- Complimentary water daily.
- Visa fees
- Travel insurance
- Tips for tour guides, drivers, crew members in Halong Bay, other attendants if may have
- All other meals not mentioned as from day inclusions
- All other kinds of drinks except water
- Personal expenses
- International & domestic flight & airport taxes
- Early check in and late checkout (hotel check in time is from 14:00, check out time is from before 12:00 mid-noon)
Hotels & Cruise selected
HOTEL NAME, ROOM TYPE & WEBSITE
THE LIGHT HOTEL, SUPERIOR
Train to Sapa
Hotel in Sapa
3 STAR +
SUNNY MOUNTAIN HOTEL – Deluxe Mountain view
Mini Hotel at train station for day use before travelling to Halong bay
LAROSA HOTEL – SUPERIOR
LAREGINAL ROYAL CRUISE – NOBLE SUITE
Notice: The selected hotels & cruises are subject to change in to other category in case of fully booked.
SAPA TOURS - IMPRESS TRAVEL BOOKING CENTRE