Laos tour 6 days for Ms.Steele from USA depart 25th - 30th Jan 2020
Laos tour 6 days
(Vientiane – Luang Prabang)
Tour Validity: From 25 Jan - 31 Jan, 2020
Number of Pax: 02 Pax (adults)
Day 1 Vientiane arrival (-/-/-)
- Airport arrival transfer with our guide to the hotel for checking in. Spend the afternoon and evening at leisure. Check-in time is at 14h00. (early check-in is excluded)
- Meals on your own. Overnight in Vientiane
Day 2 Vientiane - City tour (B)
- This morning, we start our city tour by visiting the oldest Wat Sisaket which houses thousands of tiny Buddha images and row after row of seated Buddhas. Our next destination is Haw Phra Kaew, the royal temple that once enshrined the Emerald Buddha. Today it is a museum where there resides a tremendous collection of religious art.
- Vientiane’s own Victory Monument, which looks like the Arc de Triumph. This was built at the end of the Indochina wars with money rumored to be American, and earmarked for the airport’s new runway. This is the departing Americans dubbed this monument the vertical runway! Have a look at the lovely arches inside the monument.
- Our final destination is the svelte and golden Pha That Luang, the most important national monument in Laos - a symbol of Buddhist religion and Lao sovereignty. The stupa of this temple is 40m high and covered with gold that can be seen from kilometers away.
- In the afternoon, transfer to the amazing Buddha Park (also called Wat Xieng Khouane) which is definitely worth a visit during your tour to the capital of a million elephants. Upon arrival, take your time to explore more than 200 religious statues, including an enormous 40-meter-long reclining Buddha.
- Meals on your own. Overnight in Vientiane
Day 3 Vientiane - Flight to Luang Prabang - City tour (B)
- This morning, transfer without guide to the airport for short flight to Luang Prabang. QV 109 VTELPQ 1000 1050
- Upon arrival, welcomed by our guide and driver, then they will escort you to center for a city tour. You will visit the Wat Xieng Thong further emphasizes the uniqueness of Luang Prabang, its several roofs sweeping low to the ground. See also the impressive "tree of life" mosaic here. The gilt panel on the exterior of the chapel depicts semi-erotic episodes from the Ramayana.
- Then National Museum, explore the city’s fascinating array of shimmering temples and French colonial buildings.
- Explore Wat May built in 1796, the five-tiered roof of the wooden Sim (chapel) epitomizes the graceful Luang Prabang architectural style.
- We will finish the day by climbing the 328 steps to the top of Mount Phousi to enjoy a panoramic view of the city and the surrounding countryside before getting back to the hotel for check-in.
- Meals on your own. Overnight in Luang Prabang
Day 4 Luang Prabang - Bamboo Experience - Kuang Si (B/L)
- After breakfast at the hotel, you will be pick up from the hotel to the venue located inside a small village overseeing the rice field to participate in the Bamboo Experience. You will be explained on usage on bamboo to make various items and also given the experience to play their childhood games with metal balls, crossbow arrow,...
- Participation in a bamboo weaving course with the guides of an expert teacher. Try with a knife to cut the bamboo into several pieces and then weave them for about an hour to complete your own mat that you will take with you as a keepsake. Then, enjoy a great time learning about using bamboo in cooking, such as bamboo shoot soup, bamboo shoot with banana leaf with sticky rice ... Afterwards, savour your creations in the traditional Laotian house (as your lunch).
- In the afternoon, travelling outskirt of Luang Prabang, driving through green rice paddies and farms. Stop for visit few villages of H’mong and Lao Loum people, your guide can introduce you to local people and its great opportunity for you to involving with their daily activities such as wooden cotton spinning, weaving, rice harvesting and green vegetable farms. On your arrival at the Kuang Si falls, enjoy main waterfalls with spectacular views and surrounding of orchids inside the park and falls cascade over many calcified tiers and down several hundred feet into a series of cool, turquoise pools where you can cool off with a swim.
- End of your day, transfer back to Luang Prabang.
- Dinner on your own. Overnight in hotel.
Day 5 Luang Prabang - Pak Ou (B)
- An optional early start gives you the fantastic opportunity to participate in the daily morning alms giving ritual to saffron clad monks. This tradition is unique to Laos, being the only Buddhist nation still preserving this procession. Visit fresh local markets and back to hotel for breakfast.
- After breakfast, transfer to the Phousi market. This market is infinitely populous and hectic with several edible products and local goods. By visiting it, you will have the opportunity to observe the activity of buying and selling of local people. These activities happen simply and quickly in an Asian style.
- Then go to the pier where you board a traditional long trail boat, for a relaxing cruise upstream on the mighty Mekong River. Enjoy stunning mountain scenery and witness the simple rural lifestyles. You will reach Pak Ou caves at the confluence of the Mekong and Nam Ou Rivers. In these 2 caves are displayed hundreds of sacred centuries-old Buddha images which are the object of pilgrimages during the Lao New Year festivities around mid-April. Cruise back Luang Prabang and stop at Ban Xang Khong, a weaving village, where you can jump into wooden looms with local expert for practical and experience.
- Meals on your own. Overnight at hotel.
Day 6 Luang Prabang departure (B)
- A free day to relax or further explore Luang Prabang. Transfer with our guide to Luang Prabang airport for departure flight. Check-out time is at noon.
Land tour price: 550USD/ per person
Additional for 01 local flight in the tour, with Laos Airlines:
+ 01 Domestic flight in Laos: Vientiane – Luang Prabang: 110$/ per one way ticket
(Note: Economy class, Airport tax included, 7 kg hand carry allowance/ pax, 20kg storage luggage allowance/ pax, AIRFARE is subject to change without prior notice by the Airlines)
- Regional English speaking guide
- Accommodation as mentioned in the program
- All transfer in vehicle with air-conditioned
- Meals as mentioned in the program
- All entrance fees during the sightseeing
- All excursions, cruises and activities as mentioned in the program
- Service charged & Government tax
- Flights international
- Visa fee & Travel insurance
- Meals non-mentioned and beverage
- Tips for tour guide, tour driver and other attendants
- Personal expenses
- Others services non mentioned in program
Hotel name/ room type/ website
Beau Rivage Mekong - Superior
Sala Prabang – Studio
INDOCHINA PACKAGE TOURS >>>