The most outstanding of Sai Gon city and Cu Chi tunnels - Vietnam tour
Subject: Ho Chiminh tour with tour guide
To: firstname.lastname@example.org <email@example.com>
Please could you tell if you have any package that cover only Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam.
CỦ CHI TUNNELS AND SÀI GÒN CITY TOUR (full day)
This full day trip is a perfect choice for those who want a deeper insight into the 20th century history of Việt Nam. It’s a combined tour, half day city and half day Củ Chi tunnels, which has been suggested by many tourists. You not only gain more information about the Viet Nam War, but you can also witness what was once one of the biggest battlefields in the world, to understand more about a small country whose endurance through many wars during its 4000-year history has given us a peaceful day like today.
08:00 - 08:30
18:00 - 19:00
- Full day history and culture tour of Hồ Chí Minh city
- Admire the French colonial architecture of Saigon Notre-Dame Cathedral and Central Post Office.
- Learn about the Vietnam War at the Reunification Palace, War Remnants Museum and the tunnels of Củ Chi.
- Learn about life in Viet Nam during the war time and see bomb craters and tank remains
- Great value tour with hotel pick-up, entrance fees and round-trip transport included
- Small-group tour ensures personalized attention
WHAT TO EXPECT
Your guide and driver will pick you up at your hotel. We will visit the following places of interest:
- The Reunification Palace: Here on April 30th, 1975 the Vietnam War officially ended when tank number 843 of the North Vietnamese Army crashed through the gates of what was, at the time the residence of the President of the Republic of Vietnam.
- War Remnants Museum: Formerly known as the Museum of American War Crimes, this is a poignant display of the futility of war. Some of the black and white photography in the ‘Requiem’ exhibit is particularly touching, dedicated to both foreign and Vietnamese journalists and photographers who perished during the conflict. The courtyard outside contains the spoils of war, namely rusting jets, tanks and cannons captured from the American military machine.
- Notre Dame Cathedral and Old Post Office: Built between 1877 and 1883 this is one of the best examples of classical French colonial architecture. Remarkably every stone used in its creation was shipped from France to Vietnam. Her two 40m towers, topped with iron spires dominate the city’s skyline. The Old Post Office is another example of French colonial architecture and is also the country’s largest post office.
- Jade Emperor Pagoda: Built in 1909 in honor of the supreme Taoist god, this is one of the most spectacularly atmospheric temples in HCMC, stuffed with statues of phantasmal divinities and grotesque heroes. The pungent smoke of incense fills the air, obscuring the exquisite woodcarvings.
After a few hours discovering the city, you will enjoy your lunch at a famous Phở restaurant (Vietnamese noodle soup) before we drive about 1,5 hours through the pleasant countryside before arriving at Bến Đình tunnels, Củ Chi. We may stop along the way for refreshments and toilet.
- Upon arrival, you’ll watch a brief of propaganda video, which explains how the tunnels were used to successfully defeat American military forces in combat.
- The tour continues and the guide explains some traps that were placed in the jungles of Việt Nam to either maim American soldiers or create panic amongst the ranks.
- From here, you can enter one of the tunnel entrances and crawl through the tunnels is a real experience to imagine how people could live there for an extended period!
- There is a shooting range where you can try to fire automatic or semi-automatic weapons for a fee (this fee is not included)
- Take some rest at the end for a taste of Củ Chi boiled tapioca and thinking what humans are capable of when having to defend their home.
We drive back to Hồ Chí Minh city and drop you to your hotel or some place in District 1 as your request. End of your tour.
***Please note that timing and itinerary are subject to change without notice. However, we will do everything we reasonably can to make sure everything goes according to plan.
(From 12 up)
(From 5 - 11)
free of charge
- Air-conditional minivan transfer
- Vietnamese English-speaking guide
- All admission fees
- Boiled tapioca and local tea
- Lunch at a Phở restaurant (Vietnamese noodle soup)
- Drinking water (02 bottles of 500ml/Person)
- Local taxes, fees and handling charges
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (only in District 1)
- Personal expenses
- Tips and Gratuities (recommended)
- Drinks (beer, soft drinks…)
- Travel insurance
HAVE A GREAT TRIP!