Hanoi – Sapa Easy Trekking to Halong Cruise Vietnam Tour: 6 days
North Vietnam Tour 6 days
(Hanoi - Sa Pa – Halong Bay – Hanoi)
(Going to Sapa and back by night a returned train trip, so the land tour is a bit cheaper, we safe some high cost due to the high room rate at the Pan Pacific)
DAY 1 (14 March, 2020), HANOI ARRIVAL – HANOI CITY TOUR – NIGHT TRAIN TO SAPA – OVERNIGHT ON TRAIN (L, D)
- Arriving in Hanoi in the morning or noon time
- Being greeted by our team and transferring you to the Hanoi central city (Note: you are going to sleep on the train to go to Sapa for tonight, so hotel rooms are not arranged on today)
- On arrival central Hanoi city, Lunch is provided at a restaurant
- In the afternoon, Afternoon sightseeing tour begins by a visit to President Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum (closed on Monday and Friday, every afternoon, and whole from 15 June – 15 August for annual maintenance, we can still view from the outside the building), a sightseeing of the Presidential Palace (view from outside), President’s Fishpond, House On Stilts, and the famous One Pillar Pagoda.
- Next is a visit to the Temple of Literature, constructed since the 11th century where Confucius – founder of Confucianism is worshiped, this place later served as the first University of Vietnam where many kings, mandarins and talented people of Vietnam were trained!
- Tour continued by a visit to one of the most beautiful lakes of Hanoi – the Hoan Kiem lake (Restore Sword Lake) & Ngoc Son Temple located on a beautiful Island in the middle of the lake.
- Dinner is provided at a restaurant
- Later, you are picked up and being transferred to Hanoi train station for a night train trip to Sapa, stay overnight on the train
Day Inclusions: private A/C transfer, local English speaking tour guide, lunch, dinner, entrance fee, night train tickets (02 private VIP cabin for 8 persons, each 4 people share 1 cabin), water
DAY 2 (15 March, 2020): LAO CAI – SAPA – CAT CAT & SIN CHAI VILLAGE – OVERNIGHT IN SAPA (B, L)
- On arrival Lao Cai city in the early morning, you are picked up by our team at Lao Cai Train station and transfer you to Sapa (some 40km from central Lao Cai city ~ 1 hour drive)
- We keep driving up hill to Sapa town, located at an elevation of 1600 meters, Sapa is a delightful former French hill station situated in the mountainous region of Vietnam’s northwest, close to the Chinese border. The region is home to many ethnic minority groups and each group appears with their own traditional customs and habits with their own life style, with differences in the architecture of houses, different costumes, and different with their own cultures which have been being preserved since from generations to generations,
- On arrival the hotel in cental Sapa town, check in the hotel
(Note: Hotel regular check in time is from after 14:00, early check in is NOT included and subject to hotel availability and regulation/ early check in is available on request)
- 09:30, tour guide & Van will bring you to entrance of the Cat Cat & later the Sin Chai villages, home to the Black Hmong tribe, where you will do a trekking tour, with up & down of the stone steps and pathway to explore Cat Cat village with amazing scenery of Fansipan mountain, with traditional houses of the black H’Mong tribal people, with rice terraces, the waterfall and ancient hydrofoil power station (built by the French in the 19th century), after Cat Cat, take a short drive to Sin Chai village where you can do another short walking tour and we may also take a visit to a local family for some chatting and interacting with the local tribal H’Mong people.
- After the Sin Chai village, back to the coach, meet the driver, and return to central Sapa town,
- Back to Sapa town during noon time, lunch is served at restaurant
- Check in the hotel (if not checked in yet), you enjoy your free time in the afternoon time exploring the fabulous markets selling traditional art and crafts, embroidery and silverware items.
- Free time to have dinner on your own arrangement & overnight in Sa pa
Day Inclusions: hotel breakfast, private A/C transfer, local English speaking tour guide (in Sapa only), entrance fee, lunch, accommodation, water
DAY 3 (16 March, 2020): SAPA - LAO CHAI & TA VAN VILLAGES – NIGHT TRAIN TO RETURN HANOI (B, L, D)
- Breakfast at the hotel (note: hotel regular check out time is before 12:00 mid-noon, late check out is not available, and subject to hotel room availability and upon hotel regulation on late check out)
- 09:30 am, tour guide and transfer pick you up again for a short drive to the entrance of the Lao Chai Village (5km, ~15 - 20 minutes)
- You will spend about 2 hour walking tour (easy trek, 3 km) from the entrance of the Lao Chai village trekking through the Lao Chai village and the Ta Van hill tribal villages, the walking tour today (if it’s clear) is absolutely amazing with immense of rice paddy fields, with winding river, the trible villages nestled at the foot of the mountains, this is truly a must see site for whoever want to see Sapa
- After the walking tour, you will make a stop for lunch at a beautiful local restaurant designed in a traditional tribal house (a traditional singing and dancing show subject to be available, and performed by the local music band – boys and girls)
- After the lunch, get back to the coach for a short drive back to Sapa,
- You enjoy some further free & easy time in the afternoon on your own before being picked up for a transfer to the Lao Cai Train Station for another night train trip back to Hanoi
- Arrival to Lao Cai city, dinner is served in the restaurant at the nearby Train Station before taking a night train trip back to Hanoi, overnight on the train.
Day Inclusions: hotel breakfast, private A/C transfer, local English speaking tour guide, lunch, dinner, entrance fee, Night train ticket to Hanoi, 02 private cabins, (it’s a 4 berth type cabin, 4 people share 1 cabin)
DAY 4 (17 March, 2020): HANOI TRAIN STATION ARRIVAL – HA LONG BAY – OVERNIGHT ON CRUISE (B, L, D)
- About 05:30 am (can be flexible), Arrival to Hanoi train station, pick up at the Train Station (by a hotel staff) to check in the Hotel located right outside train station for a couple of hours for day use, to get change, take shower and have breakfast before going to Halong Bay
- Breakfast at the mini hotel, check out
- Pick up at 07:30 am by our driver (without tour guide in coach), leaving Hanoi city for Halong Bay (distance 160km, a stop for a break time on half way for a refreshment). You enjoy the drive and sightseeing the peaceful country side scenery during the drive (4 hours),
- On arrival at the at Ha Long bay seaport (around noon time)
- 12.00 mid-day, you aboard the cruise, check in & enjoy a welcome drink while your cabin is assigned.
- Check in the cabin and put luggage in, relax or can do a short exploration tour by going around the cruise to learn about the cruise’s properties and facilities
- A sumptuous lunch with fresh seafood meal will be served while cruise slowly gliding out into the Halong bay.
- It’s a wonderful opportunity to contemplate thousands of islands and islets with magnificent caves and grottoes at the inside the islands, admiring sparkling stalactites and stalagmites like germs and listening to the legends about the Dragons and the land and sea scape of the region,
- Relax, sightseeing and taking photographs
- Some extra activities may be organized on board (Extra activities subject to availability by each cruise, such as visiting a floating village, go kayaking, kayaking fee on own expense & can be available on request at Cruise’s reception)
- Relax on cruise during the happy hours or may join in a cooking demonstration, watching the sunset on Cruise.
- Dinner is served on cruise
- After dinner, free at leisure time to relax on Cruise and socialize with other guests or can join in some other evening activities such as squid fishing…,
- Overnight in your cabin on the Cruise.
Inclusion: breakfast at mini hotel, private A/C transfer, local English speaking tour guide in Halong Bay on Cruise only (arranged by the Cruise), entrance fee, cruise in Ha Long bay with full meals on board, water
DAY 5 (18 March, 2020): HALONG BAY CRUISE – HANOI - OVER NIGHT IN HANOI (B, L)
- Early risers may be awarded a great chance to enjoy the sunrise and enjoy the amazingly peaceful breath-taking beauties of Ha Long Bay’s seascape in early morning.
- Refresh your body & soul with a Tai-chi lesson on sundeck.
- Breakfast will be served
- You continue to enjoy the sightseeing tour on the cruise until noon time, sightseeing, taking photographs & relax on board
- At about 09:30 – 10:00, pack up your luggage and check out your cabin while cruising returning to the boat pier.
- Brunch (early lunch) will be served on Cruise
- At about 11:30am (subject to change, depends on each cruise once confirmed)– Return to prier, and disembark the Cruise & say fare well to all crew member,
- Meet again the driver and the bus for another 4 driving back to Hanoi,
- 16:30: Arrival to Hotel in central Hanoi city, recheck in hotel in Hanoi, free time
- Your free time this evening on your own to explore Hanoi city, local culinary and shopping and interacting with local people in Hanoi, overnight in hotel in Hanoi city
Inclusion: Cruise breakfast, private A/C transfer, local English speaking tour guide in Halong Ba only, entrance fee, cruise in Ha Long bay – disembark at noon time, breakfast & lunch on Cruise, hotel accommodation, water
DAY 6 (19 March, 2020): HANOI - DEPARTURE (B)
- Breakfast at the hotel.
- Free and easy time ( if your flight time permits, check out time is beofore 12:00 mid-day)
- Pick up and transfer (without tour guide service) from central Hanoi city to Noi Bai International airport for your own schduled flight going home or to continue visittng other tour destination of your own travel plan,
- The end of tour, thank you and see you again !
Day Inclusions: hotel breakfast, accommodation city – check out at 12:00 mid-noon
Price: $515USD/ per person
(Returned night train trip to/ from Hanoi – Sapa, hotel accommodaton with double or Twin sharing basis)
Surcharge if using single room for hotel & on Cruise in Halong bay: $265USD (Available on request only otherwise NOT surcharged)
Tour exclusions & inclusions
Included in the price
Excluded in the price
- Private Air-conditioned Vehicles as indicated in the tour program
- One way night train tickets from Hanoi – to Sapa
- Shuttle bus ticket from Sapa back to Hanoi (luxury Limousine D’car, small group)
- Hotel accommodations in Hanoi & Sapa with breakfast in the hotels, 04 Double or Twin with daily breakfast,
- 2 day/ 1 night on joint Cruise in Ha Long Bay, 04 Double or Twin cabins, full meal board
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary (5 Breakfasts + 4 Lunches + 1 Dinner)
- Kayaking in Halong Bay (2 people share 1 kayak)
- Sightseeing with admissions as specified
- English speaking tour guides as specified
- Complimentary water daily.
- Visa fees
- Travel insurance
- All international & domestic flight & airport taxes
- Tips for tour guides, drivers, crew members in Halong Bay, other attendants if may have
- Short train trip near the top of Fansipan Mount to reach the Fansipan summit
- All other meals not mentioned as from day inclusions
- All other kinds of drinks except water
- Personal expenses
- Early check in and late check out ( official check in time is from 14:00, check out time is from before 12:00 mid-noon )
Hotels & Cruise selected
HOTEL NAME, ROOM TYPE & WEBSITE
PAN PACIFIC HOTEL – DELUXE
Night train to Sapa
CHAPA EXPRESS TRAIN
Hotel in Sapa
4 STAR +
AIRA BOUTIQUE HOTEL– PREMIER DELUXE BALCONY (with mountain view)
4 STAR +
SEALIFE CRUISE – SUITE CABIN
Notice: The selected are subject to change in to a similar category in case of fully booked.
SEE MORE NORTH VIETNAM PACKAGE TOURS >>>