Amazing 3 day Mekong South Vietnam Tour to Cambodia by Speed Boat
Three days / two nights to explore Mekong River Delta then a speedboat trip from Chau Doc to Phnom Penh. Impress Travel – Mekong Tours will pick you up from Ho Chi Minh City then transfer to Cai Be – a river-land mixed town in Vietnam. This is a rural district of Tien Giang Province in the Mekong Delta region of Vietnam. Along the river, there are docks that handle passengers and goods, and the floating market. We spend a night in Can Tho – a city in southern Vietnam’s Mekong Delta region. Set on the southern bank of the Hau River, it is known for its canal network and nearby floating markets. The modern 2.75-km cable-stayed Can Tho Bridge spans the river. The busy Ninh Kieu waterfront is a hub for boat trips on surrounding waterways. Illuminated at night, Can Tho’s waterfront is home to floating restaurants, bars and hotels. In the morning, we will bring you to visit Can Rang floating market. Then the trip will move down to Chau Doc where travelers will visit the Tra Su forest bird sanctuary before leaving Chau Doc by speedboat to Phnom Penh ( 4.5 hours cruising along the Mekong River).
Day 1: Ho Chi Minh City to Cai Be Floating market – Can Tho (B,L)
- Leave Ho Chi Minh City at 8.00 Am
- 2 hour driving to Cai Be Floating market
- Visit Cai Be floating market by Sampan that is well-known floating market in Mekong delta ( Note: the market today is not as busy as in past times)
- To enjoy the traditional music & performance show – Dai Ca Tai Tu that was recognized by UNESCO as an intangible cultural heritage of the world, we enjoy the Mekong’s fresh fruits while watching the show.
- Ride a rowing boat via the water coconut canals.
- Do a biking tour through the rural villages to Mr. Sau Ca Family’s orchard
- Enjoy local lunch with Mr. Sau Ca family
- Relax before getting on a Sampan to Vinh Long the car/ van will pick up you up to drive to Can Tho city ( One hour driving to Can Tho)
- Overnight in Can Tho City or Homestay with local Family
Day 2: Can Tho to Long Xuyen to Chau Doc (B,L)
- After breakfast, take a trip along the small and picturesque tributaries by rowing boat, we will see the Cai Rang floating market(the nicest one with heaps of rowing boats).
- Take in the beautiful scenery and the daily life on the Mekong River and you will roam through the village to visit a rice-husking mill and a rice noodles making shop.
- Leaving Can Tho to Chau Doc by car, on the way we will stop at Long Xuyen Crocodile farm where visitors visit the crocodile farm & have a lunch. Then keep driving to Chau Doc for a visit Tra Su wild bird sanctuary forest, to cruise smoothly on small boats to discover the arrays of splendid canals deep into the forest, watching storks, cranes and other tropical birds. Then we next stop by to visit Sam Mountain (if the time is permitted)
- Overnight in Chau Doc
Day 3: Chau Doc departs to Phnom Penh by Speed Boat (B)
- Impress Travel – Mekong tours team will pick you up at your hotel then transfer you to the boat pier by Tuc Tuc or Van/Car. Leaving Chau Doc, you will transfer to the boat pier for the express boat from Chau Doc to Phnom Penh.
- Boat arrives at Phnom Penh around 1.00 p.m.
- The trip finishes here, if you would like to book our tour in Cambodia please let us know.
The boat schedule:
- CHAU DOC to PHNOM PENH: Distance: 130 km, running time: 4h30 Departure at 7:00 AM
Departure by Blue cruiser boat at 7:00 a.m. from Pier Cafe Boat Dock, or Victoria Hotel (if guest) on Hau River to Vinh Xuong border gate. Passengers shall make complete entry procedures at Vinh Xuong, then the boat goes on to Tone Le Sap River to Phnom Penh International Port (Sisowath street). After the journey a Visa (e Visa not accepted) can be obtained at the border, boat crew will handle the entry process, Visa Fee & Service Fee is $34 USD and 1 - 4x6 photo
- PHNOM PENH to CHAU DOC Distance: 130 K.M. Running time: 4 hours 30 minutes. Departure at 1:30 PM
Blue Cruiser boat picks up passengers at 13:30 PM. Boat leaves Phnom Penh International Port (Sisowath Street) on Tone Le Sap River and goes to Khoorm Som Nor & Vinh Xuong border gate. Passengers shall make complete entry procedures at Vinh Xuong (visa must be obtained beforehand, processing at Embassy of Vietnam in Phnom Penh takes 2 full days) then go on Hau River to Chau Doc.