Temple of Literature was built in 1010 by King Ly Thanh Tong. The place to worship Chu Van An and Confucian. Temple is regarded as the first university of Vietnam, cradle of training the talents of nation for long time ago. Currently temple is not a place for students coming to study, this is a place to keep the value of Vietnam’s culture, history, tradition and education, where the talents, excellent students, scholars and doctors are honored here and to be proud of nation - Vietnam.
What to see the value of temple of literature
- To learn about a country with a long history - thousands of years.
- To know about Vietnam people are hardworking and studious people
- To learn about Religion - Confucianism
- To know Vietnam’ traditional education
- To know about the culture, religion and ancient architecture of Vietnam.
- To watch tradistional music and performaces
- To buy a book about Vietnam & souvernirs
- To take photograph with famous place in Hanoi, Vietnam
Destination's visiting information:
- Open time: November to March - 8.00 - 17.00, the rest of year - 7.30 : 17.30
- Close time: On monday
- Entrance fee: Adult: 20.000 VND / Person, Childreen ( 2-12 year old): 10.000 VND
- Rule of visiting: buy visiting tickets, to comply of temple's regulation, keep the order..and listen and follow the local our guide
Map - Location
Picture of temple of literature:
Temple of literature - Main Gate
Temple of leterature - Khue Van Cac tower
Temple of literature - Worshing House
Temple of literature - Confusianism
To visit tmple of literature, book Hanoi Tours